Today is day 1 of my 30 day fitness challenge. Whoo hoo….am really excited about getting my booty into some serious shape that I am already thinking about extending it to 60 days. I may feel differently tomorrow though!!
I have an easy day work wise with some clients later in the day so it was a good day to begin. I managed to get my workouts in before midday and am sitting here eating my lunch as I write up today’s blog entry.
Exercise today has been:-
2 workout as follows
1. 20 minutes on treadmill – 5 minutes warmup at a fast walking pace and then I just did random run/walk intervals. I will be more structured with the intervals (i.e. speed and length) in a few days but today I just wanted to get back into running mode again.
Interval workout *– 30 secs work followed by 10 secs rest (took about 25 minutes)
- Squat and shouder press left arm
- Squat and shoulder press right arm
- Wide leg burpee
- One leg bridge lift – left leg
- One leg bridge lift – right leg
- Press ups
- One leg sit and lift – left leg
- One leg sit and lift – right leg
Complete 3 sets
2. Ashtanga yoga practice – to end of standing and some hip openers – 25 minutes
Food today has been:-
Handful of medjool dates after each workout
Green smoothie – oranges, grapefruit, celery, spinach and banana
2 raw chocolate cupcakes
1 large salad with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, black olives and salmon
Mushroom and avocado pate in lettuce wraps with tomatoes and olives
1/2 pineapple and some kiwis
How I feel today:-
My legs felt like jelly after the interval training – lol, but it was a good feeling in a macabre kind of way. It was a different sort of ‘tiredness’ to how I feel after doing a 90 minute yoga workout and I could definately feel that I had worked my larger muscle groups (quads and hamstrings) in my legs in a more intense way. I’m looking forward to day 2!!
Thanks for reading……..
*I took the interval training from Zuzanna’s ‘Bodyrock TV’ site – http://www.bodyrock.tv