They say it takes 2 weeks to create a habit so I must be well on my way, which is why it is feeling quite natural to be waking up and getting straight on with my workout. No ‘shall I, shan’t I’ debates with myself, it is just part of my normal morning routine.
So, today exercise has been:-
Workout 1 – treadmill x 30 minutes – fartlek interval training. For this type of training intervals are random in length and speed. I did a combination of walking, hills and jogging.
Interval training – 30 secs work/10 secs rest x 3 rounds.
- Low jumping jacks – start with feet hip distance apart in a plie stance (feet turned out), hands to back of head and knees bent. Jump feet back to centre and then back out to start position keeping stance low throughout.
- Pike press – Stand in wide legged position, hands on floor, bring elbows and head down towards floor and push back up to start.
- Mountain climbers – squat thrusts using alternate legs to jump back.
- Tricep leg lifts – down on mat lower upper body down towards floor with elbows tight into side. Bottom is high. Hold in this position whilst lifting first one leg into the air and then the other.
- Superman – lying on front with arms outstretched. Lift one arm and opposite leg together, return and repeat with the other arm/leg.
- Vertical leg lifts – lying on back take both legs up in the air at 90 degrees. Perform crunches taking hands to toes.
- Leg raise – lying on back raise both legs at the same time to 90 degree position and then lower to just an inch above floor and repeat. Make sure the abs are engaged throughout and that the lower back doesn’t arch.
Workout 2 – yoga practice to end of standing.
Food today has been/will be:-
Green smoothie – oranges, grapefruit, celery, spinach and banana
3 medjool dates – post workout
Large salad* – lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, sprouts, beetroot, carrot, raw sheeps cheese and wild garlic
drinks – water and rooibos tea
* Just to clarify a little with the size of my salads. I use a serving bowl to put my salad in and it is usually full to the brim. It takes me about 1/2 an hour to munch my way through it all. I will try and remember to post a picture up of the size of the bowl just to give you an idea of how much I am actually eating.
How I feel today:-
My legs are aching again – urrgghhhh – thought I had got through the pain barrier from last week but alas not. I haven’t been blasting them with cold water in the shower post workout this week so maybe I need to start doing that again. Aside from walking like an old crock though I am still really enjoying the challenge and finding that I am pushing myself with every workout – probably why my legs are aching?????
Thanks for reading………