Day 10 already and I am a third of the way through my 30 day fitness challenge. I am pretty sure that I will continue with the running and interval training after the 30 days are up but this challenge has been a great way for me to bring the focus back to my own fitness programme.
Exercise today has been:-
No treadmill today as my legs and quads in particular were really stiff yesterday and this morning so I gave them a day off to recover. They already feel a bit looser so hopefully by tomorrow they will be back on form and I can resume with the running.
- Leg lift, V crunch, bum lift x 20 reps – lying on your back with legs extended along the floor raise both legs together to 90 degrees making sure that the lower back doesn’t arch away from the floor too much. Take the legs apart to a ‘V’ and do a crunch taking the arms through the legs. Close the legs and do a bum lift – bringing hips and bottom up of the floor. Lower hips and then lower legs to about an inch from the floor before starting over.
- 1/2 bridge lift, toe crunch x 10 reps each leg – lying on your back with knees bent and feet hip distance apart. Raise the left leg to 90 degrees and do a bridge lift (lifting hips and bottom off the floor) return hips and with leg still raised perform a toe crunch – taking hands to toes. Lower leg and repeat on other side.
- Side plank lift x 10 reps on each side – lying on your side with top leg resting on floor in front of lower leg (like open scissors) Have bottom arm bent at 90 degrees so you are resting on elbow and forearm. Elbow is directly below shoulder. Lift torso off the ground making sure that the top shoulder doesn’t come forwards. Lower and repeat.
- Plank 1 min – either on elbows or hands make sure bottom isn’t too high – you want a straight line from shoulders to feet.
- Boat – Sit with knees bent and feet on floor. Leaning back slightly but not too much lift legs into air. Keep bent and aim to keep torso as upright as possible. Count for 5 breaths then release. Do 5 sets aiming to get the legs straighter each time.
- Boat/sink x 10 reps – starting in boat as above, lower legs and torso down towards ground at the same time until feet and shoulders are about 1 inch above ground. Come back up to start position in a smooth motion not using the shoulders as momentum.
Workout 2 – 90 minute ashtange yoga class.
Food today has been/will be:-
Green smoothie – the usual
Salad with salmon – the usual
3 medjool dates
Small bowl of strawberries
How I feel today:-
My energy levels are definately getting better and my legs in particular feel as though they are firming up. My arms are becoming more defined and the abs are beginning to peak through and look a little more interesting!!
Today we found a duck egg outside by one of our veggie plots. I have no idea how it got there but it is undamaged so I have put it in a box encased in straw and it is now sitting on top of our arga which may be a bit too hot for it but as I have absolutely no idea of what I am doing or what I am expecting to happen to it I will leave it there for a bit and then transfer it too the airing cupboard. I doubt it will hatch but you never know………
Thanks for reading……..